This page describes the Cookies we set, and the information that we collect and store. Consistent with UK Data Protection legislation, the Priory Theatre collects and retains the least amount of personally identifiable information to meet our needs. We are also committed to keeping your information safe.
What is a Cookie?
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your device when you visit a website. Cookies are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognises that cookie. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognise a user’s device. You can find more information about cookies at: www.allaboutcookies.org and www.youronlinechoices.eu.
Cookies do lots of different jobs, like letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, and generally improve the user experience. They can also help to ensure that any adverts you see online (which we don't have on our website!) are more relevant to you and your interests.
A list of all the cookies used on this website by category is set out below.
Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website. We only have one cookie in this category:
- Squarespace - sets cookies when you log into the secure area of our website, and to remember your cookie preferences.
These allow us to gather anonymous information about how you use our website, how you got here, and any problems/errors that arise while you browse. There is one type of cookie in this category:
- Google Analytics™ - a free service from Google that allows us to get much more detailed information about the useage of our website.
Certain social media websites need to know who you are to work properly. We link to a number Social Media websites:
Visiting Our Site
When visiting our website, your computer will usually provide us some general information about itself automatically that we will use to understand where people go on our site, how they found us, and the amount of time spent on the page. This information usually includes (but is not limited to):
- The IP Address of your computer on the Internet
- Operating System
- Browser type, version number and details of any components that you may have installed
- The referring web page
- The search terms you used (if any) to find our site
- Attempts (successful or not) to log-in to our website including the username you use
We also use the Google Analytics™ web analytics service to provide more detailed information about where our visitors go and how often they visit our site. To do this, we set a cookie that stores information such as:
- What time the current visit occurred
- Whether you been to our site before
- What site referred you to our web page
- Details about your computer, browser, and components installed
- Your route through the site
Unless you attempt to log-in to our site, send us a Contact-us form, or join our Mailing lists, the above information does not personally identify you even if you visit more than once.
Sending us a Message / Joining a Mailing List / Logging in to our Site
There are three situations where more personally identifiable information is captured by us:
- Send us a Contact-us form
- Joining our Mailing List - hosted by Mailchimp
- Attempting to log in to our website - whether or not you are successful
In the first two cases, you are prompted to enter information about yourself including your name and email address. Attempting to log-in to our website identifies you through the username you use and therefore we may be able to identify who you are.
Contact Forms on our Website
Using one of the Contact Forms on our website is similar to sending us an email. Our hosting company, Squarespace, sends an email to the appropriate person in the theatre, with all of the information you have entered as well as the IP-Address of your computer. They may forward this email to others within the theatre in order to be able to reply to your enquiry.
Unless you specifically ask us to, we will NOT add your email address to our mailing list just because you send us a message!
We use Mailchimp to host and manage our Mailing List. You may be added to our mailing list in two ways:
- You provide us with your email address - e.g. when joining, or via the Contact Us form - and give us permission to use it to contact you about the theatre and its activities.
- You use our Mailing List sign-up form on our site and go through the verification process to sign-up to our mailing list.
In every email we send you via Mailchimp, there is a link that allows you to change the types of email you receive or, if you wish, to unsubscribe completely.
If, for some reason, the unsubscribe button doesn't work, please Contact Us and we'll remove you manually from the list.
Facebook / Twitter
If you like our Priory Theatre Facebook page and/or follow us on Twitter, some of your personal information becomes available to us.
On Facebook, we are able to see your name and profile picture if you like us. We also receive, from Facebook, an aggregated view of how people interact with our Facebook Page and information about age, location and gender of people who are following us. This functionality is managed by Facebook.
On Twitter, we are able to see any information that you make available to other Twitter users - even if you are not following us - as this is controlled by Twitter.
Booking Tickets By Phone or Online
We use the TicketSource service to handle the majority of our ticket sales. When booking tickets - either online or by phone - we'll ask you for the following information:
- Contact Number (optional)
- Email Address
- Payment Information
- If you want to receive further information from us
- How you heard about the performance (optional)
- Any specific questions we may ask from time-to-time (optional)
TicketSource handles payment information securely and is PCI DSS compliant. Payment information is not stored once you have paid for your tickets.
Your details and bookings are visible to our Box Office team and, if you've opted in to receiving further information from us, our Marketing team.
Joining as a Member
When you join the Priory Theatre as a member, we ask for the following information:
- Contact Number
- Email Address and permission to use it
- Information about your interests
- Bank / Card Details to pay for membership
This information is held by our Membership Secretary to maintain a complete list of our members. This is also available to key members of the Priory Management Team and Department Heads based on the interests you specify.
A directory of the membership with contact details is printed and kept at the theatre so that we can contact members on theatre business - e.g. for filling Bar/Coffee rotas for shows, emergency contact details, etc.
Your address is also used to send you the Priory Theatre Newsletter and may also be used to remind you when your membership is due for renewal.
If you agree for us to use your email address, we will also add you to our mailing list and you will receive occasional emails. You may unsubscribe or change your preferences using the links provided in each email, or by using the Contact Us form on our website.
Taking Part in a Show
If you are on-stage or backstage on one of our productions, you will be required to become a member (see above). In addition, we may ask for additional personal information to support the production from auditions through to a number of weeks after the last performance. Information we may ask for and keep includes (but is not limited to):
- Physical dimensions (for costume fitting)
- Emergency Contact Details
- DBS Check / other checks
- Action / Singing / Dancing abilities and qualifications
This information will be held by the Production team for a production and made available only as required to support the production. Once the production has finished - including any post-production activities (e.g. distributing production photos, returning costumes) - the information will be safely disposed.
More Detailed Information
If you want more specific information about the tools and technologies we use, and how it affects your privacy, then the following links may help explain some of the key parts of our site.
Provides us with more detailed information and statistics about how our website is used.
- Privacy Overview - http://www.google.com/intl/en/analytics/privacyoverview.html
Mailchimp provides us with an email mailing list management tool with functionality to allow subscribers to manage their own subscription and even unsubscribe at any time without having to contact us.
The Priory Theatre has a Facebook Page where we post updates and information about what we're up to.
- Facebook Page overview - http://www.facebook.com/FacebookPages
We also have a Twitter feed (@PrioryTheatre) which we also use to post updates and information.
- Privacy Page - http://twitter.com/privacy
We've recently added Flickr to our list of social media sites - we post photos of our theatre, productions and other events up here.
- Flickr Privacy Page - https://info.yahoo.com/privacy/uk/yahoo/flickr/
TicketSource handle the majority of our Ticket Bookings both online and by phone.